Pokémon Go has awaken the inner nerd in a lot of people with it’s global release. What seems like a harmless game is starting to take over people’s lives without them knowing it. Here are some signs that you or your friend are being taken over by the game.
1. You deny playing it
People ask you, especially your friends and family, if you play but you tell them you don’t. You feel the need to deny it. An addict doesn’t admit that they’re an addict.
2. You go to sketchy places just to catch ’em
You usually don’t wander around unfamiliar places but you get lost in the game and you realize that you’re somewhere you don’t know or not supposed to be.
3. Work breaks turn to Pokémon Hunting breaks
You go out for lunch not to eat but to walk around and see what you can find.
4. You feel a jolt excitement when there’s a rare Pokémon nearby
And you are not alone. There’s a whole lot of you crazies that gets excited.
5. You consider Pokémon Hunting as exercise
Pokemon Hunting is like doing cardio for you. Walking around ain’t easy.
6. You get angry or frustrated when you don’t catch the Pokémon
It totally pisses you off when the Pokemon is being extra difficult to catch.
7. You can identify other Pokémon Trainers
You know how to identify your own kind. Birds of the same feather flock together.
8. You’re glued to your phone
You’ve always been glued to you phone but know its for a different reason. You need to be updated on what there is around the area.
9. Pokémon Go is all you talk about
You are starting to sound like a broken record and people are not so happy about it.
10. You invite your friend’s to impromptu road trips to places where you can catch a whole lot of them
You friend’s like the new spontaneous you but its more for your benefit.